Today we tagged WooCommerce 2.7 “Bionic Butterfly” beta 2. It contains a whole host of bug fixes and is ready for testing! if you’d like to find out whats new in 2.7, you can read more about 2.7 in our first beta post here.
Changes since beta 1
We’ve been pretty busy since beta 1, mainly due to the feedback from testers. Kudos to everyone who has reported an issue or contributed so far!
Aside from many many fixes and smaller improvements, here are some of the larger changes you may need to be aware of:
- We’ve added new improved logging for extensions.
- To make the new gallery more theme friendly, we’ve added theme support declarations so it’s only used if the theme wants it. You’ll need to declare support for this feature to be enabled in custom themes.
- Select2 has been upgraded to v4. See the notes here for upgrade instructions.
- Added a language independent permalink setting function.
- Added a way to detect changes after CRUD object saving and added new actions.
- The product duplicate code now uses CRUD.
- Payment details are preserved when the checkout updates.
- Product attribute lists link to archives.
- Reduced the amount of data needed for the product schema markup.
- Improved RTL support.
- Deferred email sending for faster checkouts.
What’s left to do?
Currently there are only 2 open issues we’ve yet to address and those are:
- Bumping the REST API version so that support for the new endpoints can be detected
- Revising the ‘variation’ names shown in the cart to make it clearer when multiple attributes are used.
We’re hoping to have this done and beta 3 tagged by the 16th.
We’ve been taking notes as we’ve updated extensions. For know issues and gotchas, please see this article on the wiki.
As for examples on how to update extensions to support 2.7, we’ve been publishing a series of posts on how we’ve done it ourselves.
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples #3 – Bookings
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples #2 – Deposits
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples
We’re aiming to have a release candidate ready on the 27th Febuary. The final release will be shortly after that.
If you have not yet tested extensions or your themes, now is the time 🙂 Thanks for your support!