We are excited to announce that WooCommerce 4.6 is now publicly available! It has been in development since September 2020 and has been updated with 327 commits from 31 contributors.
This is a minor release, which means everything is backward compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 4.6?
The WooCommerce 4.6 release contains updated versions of WooCommerce Admin (1.6.1) and WooCommerce Blocks (3.4.0), fixes, and localization improvements.
New home screen enabled for everyone
Notable fixes and improvements
The main fixes and stability improvements in this release are:
- Sorting country names now works as expected for languages that use graphic accents (#27416).
- Style improvements to the notices when using the Twenty Twenty theme (#27387).
- It is now possible to assign to a product a tax class that contains non-ASCII characters (#27615).
- The old setup wizard was removed (#26853).
You can find the complete changelog for this release on the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added new filters and actions:
|woocommerce_return_to_shop_text||Filter to change the label of the “Return to shop” button in the empty cart page.|
|woocommerce_cart_item_required_stock_is_not_enough||Filter to change the behavior when checking stock for items in the cart.|
|woocommerce_should_send_no_stock_notification||Filter to let developers skip the no stock e-mail for certain products.|
|woocommerce_after_order_details||Action to add extra data after the order details section.|
This release does not introduce any changes to the database.
This following parts of the code were deprecated in this release:
- The classes WC_Admin_Setup_Wizard and WC_Admin_Setup_Wizard_Tracking with no replacement.
- The method WC_Admin_Notices::install_notice() with no replacement.
- The files includes/admin/views/html-notice-install.php, assets/css/wc-setup.scss and assets/js/admin/wc-setup.js with no replacement.
Much 💜 to all the contributors