Today we tagged WooCommerce 2.7 “Bionic Butterfly” beta 3. If you’d like to find out whats new in 2.7, you can read more about 2.7 in our first beta post here and our second beta post here.
Changes since beta 2
Aside from many fixes and smaller improvements, here are some of the larger changes you may need to be aware of:
- Improved how variation titles are generated and displayed
- Changed when tax suffixes get shown
- Improved checkout performance when updating sale counts
- Added code so products get ‘lazy’ updated – only saved props are written to the database.
- Added a class to handle legacy action and filter hooks.
- The above change also correctly deprecates legacy functions which were missing notices.
- New API v2 which has all the new functionality. v1 matches 2.6.x
- Improved how individual sold products show in groups
- Prevented negative fees being added via cart (this was never intended)
We’re still aiming to tag the release candidate on the 27th Febuary.
The final release is expected to drop about 7 days from that on the 6th March. The final release will be sometime in March depending on the length of our RC. We’ll announce this when we tag the RC.
If you have not yet tested extensions or your themes, now is the time 🙂
We’ve been taking notes as we’ve updated extensions. For know issues and gotchas, please see this article on the wiki.
As for examples on how to update extensions to support 2.7, we’ve been publishing a series of posts on how we’ve done it ourselves.
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples #3 – Bookings
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples #2 – Deposits
- WC 2.7 extension compatibility examples
Thanks for your support!