After releasing the beta version last week we found a few issues that needed fixing. We squashed these and made a few other improvements as well, therefore, we are moving ahead according to the plan and are excited to announce that the release candidate is now available! We are also on track for our planned August 18th final release date.
Fixes and improvements
- The fix for the visibility of partially out of stock variable products when using the layered nav widget (#26260) was a somewhat complex change that broke a couple of things in the beta, these have been sorted out in the RC (#27190, #27175, #27166).
- We have added/updated documentation of some deprecated functions (#27054).
- We have updated WooCommerce blocks yet again to a new version offering further improvements.
- We have fixed a couple of issues that surfaced when using the upcoming version 5.5 of WordPress: removed new meta box arrows (#27173) and fixed the “product type” dropdown from product’s data meta box (#27170).
- After clicking to update WooCommerce, the user will now stay in the same page instead of being redirected to the “Settings” page (#27172).
- Improved order details UI to highlight “Paid” and “Net Payment” sections (#27142).
- We removed the
If you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.
Thanks to all of our testers and contributors!