WooCommerce 2.6 Beta 2 has been tagged and is now available from Github. Since beta 1 there have been a number of fixes, tweaks and commits (183) so be sure to give it a whirl.
Changes since beta 1
- Allowed country exclusion, rather than just inclusion, in ‘sell to’ setting
- Improved a bunch of localisation strings
- Added functions to give shipping method instances consistent rate IDs
- Added hooks to form-pay.php
- Improved lost password flow
- Show payment dates on order screen
- Added filters for system status
- Improved token credit card forms
- Made zones, methods and classes screens more consistent based on feedback
- Moved all DB updates into a new background updater routine
For everything else, see the comparison here.
If you’d like to help test, you should download the release from Github.
You can also use our beta testing plugin.
Remember you can also help translate 2.6 on the development branch on translate.wordpress.org.
5 replies on “WooCommerce 2.6 Beta 2”
Is the new Backbone UI added to shipping mehthods an experiment (as I hope) or is it there to stay? It breaks significant portions of the UI I had created and, unlike previous versions, it cannot be extended dynamically, due to the Backbone data model ignoring all the new UI elements I could possibly add. In short, most of the work I did in the past to extend shipping is broken when Backbone comes into play.
It is enabled based on the ‘supports’ variable of each instance based method. Any JS code in shipping setting can still be enqueued on the zones screen to function, if you’re using inline JS right now.
You can use sms plugin with woocommerce https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-apg-sms-notifications/ using http://www.springedge.com sms gateway
[…] more information about what’s new in 2.6, check out Beta 1, beta 2, beta 3 and beta 4 blog […]
[…] the release of WooCommerce 2.6 on the horizon, we imagine you’re all excited to explore the newest features available for running your […]