This post summarizes the dev chat meeting from April 11th. (agenda, Slack archive).
CRUD Search Helpers
- Open Issue.
- We need to investigate wether we can re-use WP_Tax_Query or not. Actual taxonomy storage probably won’t change when we move to custom tables. See discussion.
- Main props should definitely be queryable.
- Custom meta should be supported. WP_Meta_Query.
- WP data structures are a temporary way to get us there. We know the goal is to move data to custom tables.
Product Admin UI
- Bumped to the next chat, but a call for feedback was posted.
- Please leave your thoughts on the open issue and we can discuss.
Importer / Exporter
- Please provide feedback on the proposed schema.
- Background processing classes mentioned as a concern here. We want to improve that in core.
- Other extensions should be able to use what we have (like the Subscriptions CSV importer).
One reply on “Dev Chat Summary: April 11th.”
So awesome to see these chats happening 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person