This post summarizes the dev chat meeting from June 6th (agenda, Slack archive).
WooCommerce 3.1 Beta
- Beta 2 should be available soon.
- Still on track for a release at the end of June.
- Please test the new importer/exporter included in WooCommerce.
Rest API feature plugin
- API development will now be done in a separate repo.
- When new API versions are ready they will be merged into WooCommerce and released with the next WooCommerce version.
- This will enable API development to not be tied to the WooCommerce release schedule.
- The legacy v1, v2, and v3 APIs will be removed in WooCommerce 4.0.
Extensions version checking
- Sites had a high amount of errors when people upgraded to WooCommerce 3.0 and were using extensions that were not ready for WooCommerce 3.0.
- We need to show warnings or programmatically manage extensions that are not compatible with new versions of WooCommerce somehow.
- An issue has been created on GitHub for this. Please leave feedback or ideas.
7 replies on “Dev Chat Summary – June 6th”
What is the roadmap for the release of v4 so we know when we need to completely stop using the legacy apis?
Hi, can you insert in class-wc-widget-layered-nav.php file an id CSS? Some like this: id=”‘ . ( $term->slug ). ‘”. The reason is to put colors in atribute widget. I insert this code in my site, https://www.cabrigi.ro, but every update clear this code. Thank you!
Raise a PR on github!
Try these links Andrei, you can either create a pull request and make that change to the WooCommerce core which the dev team can then consider including, alternatively create an issue so this can be monitored and actioned. 🙂
Do we need to completely stop using the old API?
The legacy V1/V2/V3 API will be around until WooCommerce 4.0, so you have some time.