Two weeks have flown by since our last release of
wc-admin, so it is time for another release and a quick synopsis of all that has changed! If this is the first time you have heard about
The plugin isn’t quite ready yet to be run on production sites, but we would love for you to install it on a staging or test instance and try it out. You can download version 0.4.0 right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to me on WooCommerce slack!
- Fixed issues with using
- Many improvements to the chart, in particular issues with the Y-axis ticks.
- Fixed overflow issue with search box in advanced filters.
- Fix for wrong order count on Products Report.
- Average order value bug fixed.
REST API Updates:
- The Report Components now have their own dedicated section in our developer documentation.
- You can now view charted data within the Dashboard. Fourteen different data points are available to chart on the dashboard, and you can toggle between line and bar charts.
- The dashboard chart selections are not persisting between page loads.
- The charts do not respond to changes in the Dashboard date range picker yet.
- Charts need to be linked to their corresponding reports to allow users to navigate easily to the full report.
- In the Downloads Report we added support for Advanced Filters which will allow filtering of Downloads by Product, Username, Order Number, and IP Address.
- The downloads report is still using test data, and is not hooked up to the REST API yet.
A variety of new Advanced Filters were developed during the past few weeks to add functionality needed in the Customers Report.
- Numeric Filters allow adding in filters to report that are based off of numeric inputs. The filter supports matches for more than, less than, and between inputs of numeric values.
- Customer Name Filter is a new autocompleter filter that allows for creating filters based upon orders for a particular customer.
- Email Filter is another autocompleter filter that is powered by the Customers REST API endpoint and will allow quick filtering of reports by customer email.
- Country Filter is the last new autocompleter filter added in this release.
Single Date Picker Component:
Another need of the Customers Report is the ability to create a filter based upon a single date ( i.e. Registered on/before/after a certain date ). The new
DatePicker component is built upon the WordPress core DatePicker and will soon be available to use as an Advanced Filter within the project.
Category Report & Categories Data:
The Categories Report table is now hooked up to live data! Also in both the Categories and Products reports, enhanced Category Data is now displayed for nested categories. For stores that use deeply nested categories, category names are now display a breadcrumb path:
The Coupons Report is now fully hooked up to live data via the REST API. The report also offers the ability to compare multiple coupon codes and quickly see values of how many orders used coupons, and the total amount discounted.
The Taxes Report is also now serving up live data from the API. Much like the Coupons Report, you can compare multiple Tax codes on this report, and access data around how much tax was collected for orders, and shipping.
The Stock Report page is now available, but many of the underlying functionality is still in development.
Reviews Activity Panel:
The Reviews Activity Panel now shows real data for all product reviews that need moderation:
What is Coming Next?
During the next two weeks, the team will be focusing on the following items:
- REST API
- Finalizing endpoints for Customers, and Stock Report
- Continued work on ability to Segment Data for better visualization of comparisons
- Updates to the core Orders endpoint to add in needed query options for the Orders Report.
- Finalize Customers, Downloads, and Stock reports with live data.
- Improvements to Chart Block
- New Leaderboards Section and Blocks for Top Categories and Coupons
- Report Lookup Tables
- Enhancements to logic that populates the lookup tables that power the reports.