We are happy to announce the availability of a new build of the
wc-admin feature plugin! If this is the first time you have heard about
And while the plugin isn’t quite ready yet to be run on production sites, we would love for you to install it on a staging or test instance and try it out. You can download version 0.5.0 right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to me on WooCommerce slack!
REST API Updates
- Added a new v4 of the Orders endpoint which supports a variety of new query arguments.
- A new Store Performance endpoint has also been added which allows for fetching of stats details from all stat endpoints in one combined request.
- The Customers endpoint was also shipped in this release! This new endpoint is backed by a lookup table which allows for tracking of all customers – registered and non-registered – along with seeing how many orders they have placed along with average order value.
- And finally another new endpoint added in this release provides stats for product Downloads. Download stats can be queried by date range, product, order number, and download IP address.
The new customers endpoint is fully hooked up and powering the new Customers Report. This report provides a powerful look into all customer data for a store. The table lists out all registered and un-registered customers along with pertinent data about each customer such as their email address, number of orders, lifetime spend, and average order value.
Additionally you can search the customer table by customer’s name, country, username, and email address. You are also able to segment the customer data by applying custom filters for things like number of orders, total spend, and average order value.
Known Issues: Some of the advanced filter and search tools are still being actively worked on, as are some performance enhancements for stores with a large number of customers.
The Downloads report is now hooked up to the new REST endpoint! This report also boasts a number of advanced filters which allows store operators to lookup download data based upon product, username, order number and IP address.
Live data is now viewable within the Stock Report. The report also allows for filtering a store’s entire product catalog by products that are in stock, low stock, and out of stock.
The new analytics dashboard also received a number of big updates in this release. The logic behind the Leaderboards ( i.e. Top Products ) was improved to allow for easier creation of additional leaderboard tables. And building upon that new logic, a new Top Categories leaderboard has been added in this release.
The charts on the dashboard also were updated with some nice new features. Clicking on any of the charts will load the associated report for deeper data analysis. Also you can now select a custom interval for the charts depending on the date range selected.
The release also includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements throughout the code base:
- Webpack: replaced
- Performance: Initial state of user preferences hydrated on server side during the initial page load.
- Components: New prop to disable ellipsis menu in
- Filters: New Date advanced filter
- Bug Fix: Chart tooltip showing NaN in Safari
- Bug Fix: Removed decimals from Y-axis in chart
- Bug Fix: Duplicated Y-axis values in chart
- Bug Fix: Gross Revenue Summary Number in Categories Report
- Bug Fix: Sorting by name in Categories Report
- Bug Fix: Dashboard Charts Responsive
- Bug Fix: Chart Plot >88 points in narrow viewport
- Dashboard: Charts Update on Date Range Picker change
- Components: Add loading indicator to charts
- Bug Fix: Product Report chart truncated
What’s Coming Next?
Much of the next fortnight will be spent focusing on various enhancements and bug fixes in both the REST API, and Analytics sections of the plugin. A new segmentation querying option is close to being finalized in the REST API for Order Stats, so we hope to add enhanced reporting capabilities that leverage these new options too. Also look for some big enhancements to the dashboard Store Performance section.
If you would like to see more details about what we are working on, please visit our project board on GitHub.
4 replies on “wc-admin v0.5.0 release notes”
tanx for share
Do you have a date for the official release?
Still working on details for a formal release of the plugin.
Thanks for adding support for guests. Maybe guests will have the same features available as for users with accounts.