We are happy to announce the availability of a new build of the
wc-admin feature plugin! If this is the first time you have heard about
And while the plugin isn’t quite ready yet to be run on production sites, we would love for you to install it on a staging or test instance and try it out. You can download version 0.7.0 right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to us in the #core channel on WooCommerce slack.
Product Comparison Report
With the addition of advanced segmentation support in the REST API, you can now compare different product ( and variation ) performance over a specified date range. This allows for store operators to perform highly customized analysis of their sales data.
Tabular Data Filtering
In many of the new reports ( Products, Categories, Coupons, Taxes and Customers ), a search field is shown at the top of the table. This search utility received some great improvements in v0.7.0 and now supports fuzzy searching for data contained within the table.
Analytics Settings + Transient Notifications
A new Settings section has been added to Analytics. Currently on this screen you can chose which order statuses to exclude from the totals in your reports. Interacting with this form also shows the new Transient Notifications ( aka “toast” style notifs ) system:
We have also added the ability to create “feature flags” in the project. This allows us to omit certain features from our released .zip files while we are still finishing development of them. You will notice that in the v0.7.0 release, the Activity Panels are not shown as we are still developing those further.
REST API Updates
- Fixed a bug in the customers endpoint that was causing failures when filtering using the
- Added a v4 version of the taxes endpoints.
- Advanced data segmenting has shipped!
- Additional unit test coverage for order status and refunds.
- A bug around ordering zero-filled data was also fixed.
- A fatal error in the taxes data store was fixed.
- Added an index to the customers lookup table that vastly improves performance on large data sets.
- Enhanced the logic that populates the lookup tables on install.
- Fixed the Order Count filter on the Customers Report.
- Removed un-used data-layer code.
- Some improvements around interactions in the search input box used throughout various reports.
- Added a “clear” button to the search input.
- Bug fix for hourly labels in the x-axis.
- Improved the display of 0 values in the charts.
- And updated the chart with messaging when no data exists.
Thank You, and What’s Next?
First a big THANK YOU to everyone that has downloaded a release to test, and also to those of you who have reported bugs. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so please keep testing and let us know if we can help!
The next two weeks we are primarily focusing on testing and bug fixing – getting things cleaned up and ready for releasing the plugin to the WordPress.org repo! We are also performing tests of wc-admin against data from woocommerce.com to validate all works as expected on high-volume sites.
If you would like to see more details about what we are working on, please visit our project board on GitHub.