And while the plugin isn’t quite ready yet to be run on production sites, we would love for you to install it on a staging or test instance and try it out. You can download version in the plugin repository or via GitHub right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to us in the #core channel on WooCommerce slack.
Store Alerts, and Snoozing Alerts
The new Store Alerts feature received some major updates since the last release. Store Alerts seek to help surface the most critical alerts that affect the operation of your WooCommerce Store. Currently we are testing out this functionality with an alert that is shown when you first install WooCommerce Admin:
A recent addition to Store Alerts is the ability to snooze an alert to take action upon it at a later time – which is quite helpful for the procrastinators of the world ( like the one I see in the mirror each day! ).
Activity Panel Indicators – Now With Real Data!
The Activity Panels have also been updated thoroughly since our last release. The indicator icons that denote there are items to be reviewed are now hooked up to live data from the REST API.
For example the above screenshot denotes there are new items to review in a number of the panels. The Orders Panel, for example, will turn the indicator on if there are any orders that match a status that has been set as “Actionable”. The list of Order Statuses that are considered actionable can be configured to match your store’s workflow, and allows for working smoothly with extensions that add in additional order statuses:
Furthermore the Activity Panels for Reviews and Stock are both configured based off your store’s configuration. For example if you have chosen to not allow product reviews, or don’t use WooCommerce to track inventory, these panels will not be shown.
Bug Fixes & Performance Enhancements
Additionally the release has a quite long list of bug fixes, and performance improvements – the biggest of which was some bug fixes around the historical data import process, and snoozing notifications.
- Dev: Properly namespaced methods in wc-admin.php. props @ronakganatra9 #1804
- Dev: Changed text-domain to
- Dev: Updates to plugin header #1764
- Dev: Clear scheduled actions on plugin deactivate #1715
- Dev: Refactor getFilterQuery #1873
- Dev: Update npm dependencies #1913
- Fix: ESLint error in leaderboards #1914
- Fix: REST API Requests failing with isUnboundedRequest #1954
- Fix: Bugs in Reviews panel #1947
- Fix: Scroll to top of page when changing reports #1958
- Fix: Update variations controller filter names #1949
- Fix: Sku sorting in variations report #1952 #1801 props @ronakganatra9
- Fix: REST API customers exact match filters
- Fix: EmptyContent on narrow viewports #1703
- Fix: Empty chart and summary numbers in Categories Report #1698
- Fix: Display chart and summary numbers placeholders when loading search terms #1694
- Fix: Display order number on reports #1706
- Fix: Missing Date Picker Calendar in RTL #1810
- Fix: Circles on chart hover #1816
- Fix: Date Range dropdown for RTL locales #1803
- Fix: Sorting by tax_code in Taxes Report #1811
- Fix: Charts in RTL locales #1794
- Fix: RTL css #1781
- Fix: CSS Lint issues in store-alerts #1793
- Fix: Products stats segmentation when filtering categories #1779
- Fix: Remove timezone from appendTimestamp() output #1778
- Fix: REST API Make variations and coupons endpoints return zero-value items #1765
- Fix: REST API make categories return zero-value items #1755
- Fix: REST API Make products and rates endpoints return zero-value items #1722
- Fix: Taxes report, sort taxes numerically #1766
- Fix: Chart comparison mode single category #1762
- Fix: Simplify options in filters #1748
- Fix: Show compared keys in chart legends even if their values are 0 #1754
- Fix: IE11 Leaderboard issue
- Fix: Use IDs instead of labels to identify chart legend items #1730
- Fix: Update table columns visibility when loading finishes #1729
- Fix: Update chart colors #1731
- Fix: Date Picker css tabs #1717
- Fix: Infinite loop in customer population #1936
- Fix: PHP notices on orders data store #1870
- Fix: Table links to internal reports #1824
- Accessibility: Add button focus style to report chart interval selector #1740
- Enhancement: Add “Cancel All” method to ActionScheduler Store #1813
- Enhancement: Add store notice for processing historical data #1763
- Enhancement: Ensure other scheduled actions are claimed before WC Admin actions #1759
- Enhancement: Load on hold reviews in the Activity Panel: #1871
- Enhancement: Add overlay to Product Placeholder image #1880
- Enhancement: Added “Remind me later” ability to StoreAlert component #1848
- Enhancement: Set reviews Activity Panel unread indicator based off REST API data #1824
- Enhancement: Set orders Activity Panel unread indicator based off REST API data #1860
- Enhancement: Hide Reviews Activity Panel if reviews are disabled #1852
- Enhancement: Lookup product title in order meta if product has been deleted #1977
- Performance: Avoid un-needed chart re-renders #1780
- Performance: Don’t run lookup table historical population on activation of plugin #1741
- Performance: Don’t dispatch REST API requests when window/tab is hidden #1732
- Performance: Only check for unsnooze note on admin_init #1960
Thank You, and What’s Next?
First a big THANK YOU to everyone that has downloaded a release to test, and also to those of you who have reported bugs. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so please keep testing and let us know if we can help!
Also wanted to thank some new contributors who helped out with the latest release: Ronak Ganatra and Ron Rennick
The team is currently working on more improvements to the Activity Panels, Inbox Notifications for milestones, and building out example code on how to extend WooCommerce Admin.
If you would like to see more details about what we are working on, please visit our project board on GitHub.