On March 28th we announced the availability of the first Release Candidate for WooCommerce 3.6. During the RC1 testing period, a number of bugs were reported by RC testers in the community, and during additional internal testing. As such we just published a second release candidate for WooCommerce 3.6. To see all the new features being shipped in 3.6, please check out the Beta 1 post for all the details.
Due to the addition of a second Release Candidate, we are anticipating the final release of WooCommerce 3.6 to happen on April 17th. We apologize for the added delay to this release cycle. Our number one priority is to ship a stable release, and we believe the extra time is needed to deliver on that priority.
In addition to the changelog and feature list that was included in the Beta 1 Announcement – the following items have been fixed since RC1:
- Fix BC break by allowing wc_product_gallery to be called without any arguments. props @superdav42 #23191
- Fix strpos arguments order #23175 props @quasilyte #23175
- Fix results from wp_term_counts when sorting by menu_order #23194
- Fix: backwards compatibility issues for wc_get_template function #23197
- Fix: Remove end date for Facebook in on-boarding wizard #23210
- Fix: Usage tracking logic. #23231
- Fix: Prevent removal of the wc- prefix from non core order statuses #23203
- Fix: For conflicting webpack build processes #23244
Marketplace Suggestions and Usage Tracking Feedback
Beyond the fixes listed above, we also made some changes to the Marketplace Suggestions feature. It is often only when the release candidate actually comes out that we get certain kinds of feedback. Thanks to the many developers, end users, and the plugin review team for all their help.
Now, with the 3.6 RC1 live, we have specific feedback from the community and plugin review team that we can take into consideration and act on:
- Fix: Remove Product Listing suggestions. #23211
- Fix: Add setting to turn off Marketplace Suggestions #23218
- Fix: Add icon to Product Metabox Suggestions #23230
- Fix: Add link to manage Suggestions #23229
- Fix: Update text explaining opt-out and details of usage tracking. #23216
Since 3.6 is now in release candidate stage, only bug fixes will be made. No other changes should take place.
Think you’ve found a bug? Please post in detail to Github.
Developers, 3.6 is a minor release, so it should be fully backwards compatible. Despite this, it’s still a good idea to test your plugins and themes and help us catch any issues we may have missed before the final release.