You can download version v0.24.0 in the plugin repository or via GitHub right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to us in the #core channel on WooCommerce slack.
The bulk of this release is dedicated to bug fixing and polishing of WooCommerce Admin and the Onboarding Wizard. As noted in the last release notes post, we have been starting to work on some new documentation for the Dashboard and Analytics tools. You can view those here.
- Bug: Add SelectControl debouncing and keyboard fixes #3507 (Components, Packages)
- Fix: Properly style theme selection button in Site Profiler #3489
- Dev: Update translation scripts and instructions for creating
.jsonfiles. #3433 (Build)
- Dev: Add initial documentation for the historical data import. #3506 (Documentation)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add purchase products task list item #3472 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add another option to platforms. #3471 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Add singular/plural distinction to onboarding plugins installation #3517 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add theme install and activation endpoints #3482 (Onboarding, REST API)
- Tweak: Onboarding – Add Skip Step link on Themes Step. #3490 (Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Skip Shipping connect step if Jetpack is already connected #3486 (Onboarding)
- Bug: CI: use PR repo instead of main repo when checking out branches. #3512 (Build)
- Tweak: Included RegExp for JS files in examples.config.js #3510 (Build, Extensibility) 👏 @yash-webkul
- Dev: Onboarding: Add tracks to extension purchase task and modal #3493 (Onboarding)
- Tweak: Change Refunds to Returns on the dashboard. #3514
- Fix: invalidate Reports cache when changing Analytics settings. #3465 (Analytics, REST API, Settings)
- Dev: DataStores: normalize contexts to plural #3419
- Dev: AssetDataRegistry: update SQL example #3418
- Fix: show pending product reviews when comment moderation is disabled. #3459 (Activity Panel)
- Enhancement: allow report cache layer to be turned off. #3434
- Tweak: Scroll to notices when displayed while the notice area is scrolled out of view. #3390 (Activity Panel)
- Dev: Add autocomplete props to address fields in onboarding and adjust country/state matching #3338 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Update instructions for documenting new components. #3443 (Components, Documentation)
- Dev: Add purchase modal at the end of the profile wizard #3444 (Onboarding)
- Fix: component styles for WordPress 5.3. #3357 (Build, Components, Design, Packages)
- Bug: Onboarding: Don’t show skip link if no plugins exist to skip #3485 (Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Add in tracks for failed plugin installation #3483 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Fix the "is this card useful" prompt display #3427 (Onboarding)
- Tweak: Add/disable plugin filter #3361
- Bug: Onboarding: Update shipping task button text #3400 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Default the Calypso environment to production #3347 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Standardize hook and filter prefixes. #3339 (On Merge to WC Core)
- Fix: WC-Admin header on settings and status pages. #3389 (Activity Panel)
- Dev: Fix revenue question translation with currency conversion #3358 (Onboarding, Packages)
- Fix: make report filter date props optional #3359 (Components, Extensibility, Packages)
- Dev: Onboarding – Add button to continue setup after importing products #3402 (Build, Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Update check for TOS accepted in tax step #3245 (Onboarding)
- Fix: don’t run database migrations on new installs. #3473
- Enhancement: allow filtering of hidden WP notices. #3391 (Activity Panel, Extensibility)
- Fix: error when trying to download report data. #3429 (Analytics)
- Bug: Fix user data fields filter name. #3428 (Dashboard)
CompareFilterfunctionality regression. #3421 (Analytics, Components, Packages)
- Fix: Time zone offset calculation on customer last active date. #3388 (Analytics)
- Fix: remove the header when user doesn’t have required permissions #3386 (Activity Panel)
Thank You, and What’s Next?
First a big THANK YOU to everyone that has downloaded a release to test, and also to those of you who have reported bugs. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so please keep testing and let us know if we can help!
The focus of the next release will be in a handful of areas:
- Documentation – Continued work on Documentation.
- ActionScheduler – We are also looking to bundle the new 3.0 version of ActionScheduler into the plugin to take advantage of the new custom queue tables it provides.
The next release is scheduled to be the week of January 20th.
6 replies on “WooCommerce Admin v0.24.0”
What’s the point of this when it doesn’t handle your own multi currency plugin?
The new reports in the feature plugin, much like any core Woo feature, are designed in such a way that it will satisfy many, but not all use-cases of stores. We have built in hooks and filters so the new reports can be extended in the same manner as the current legacy reports are extended to include multi-currency support.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Given that you sell the multi currency plugin I would’ve expected that making it compatible would be a priority.
As it stands the results displayed are simply wrong, with all sales expressed in the base currency.
Just to confirm, you are speaking to https://woocommerce.com/products/multi-currency/ ? If so, while that extension is sold in the WooCommerce Marketplace, it is owned and maintained by one of our Marketplace Partner developers. We have spoken with them about adding support for the new analytics system and I’ll reach back out to see if they have any news to share on that front.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great to see all the progress. I am still hesitant using in on a production site (though I know that many others do). Any ETA or plan when WooCommerce will ship with WooCommerce Admin by default?
Having said that, what’s the best place to ask a feature question? Namely, I have a shop where we have many bigger restaurant resale costumers (all these orders are given via Phone or Mail and then input manually by shopmanagers) vs. “normal” customers that order online. Current report does not let me differentiate between those two, so we cannot answer question between how these two perform. Does WC Admin let me separated manually added orders from orders done via checkout?
@gerdneumanngerd let me know if you have specific issues that are preventing you from trying the plugin in production, I’d be happy to discuss those and see if I can provide solutions.
We are planning on merging this with core WooCommerce sometime in Q2 of this year.
Currently there is not a filter or attribute that is returned on the Orders report that displays the “source” of the order – or in this case if an order was manually created in wp-admin vs one place via a standard checkout. I suppose you could possibly get creative with order statuses, so maybe have a completed order status that is special for your phone orders. Then that would appear in the reports, and you could filter/segment based upon that.
Longer-term having support for a referral filter in the reports sounds like an excellent feature idea.
LikeLiked by 1 person