Hi all! After publishing the second release candidate for WooCommerce 4.3, we’ve discovered a problem between Jetpack and WooCommerce that resulted in WooCommerce creating a lot of unnecessary options in the database. As we prefer the stability of the platform, we’ve decided to publish one more release candidate–RC3 today to test the problematic parts of code more thoroughly on our testing and production platforms, and, if everything goes well, we plan to publish the final 4.3 version later this week.
Please find below the list of changes since RC2:
- Dev – Removed type hints from src folder. #26963
- Fix – Added default value to the note icon. #4745
- Fix – Unnecessary REST API usage leading to potential overflow of Jetpack option sizes. #4755
- Dev – Add deprecation notice for install_plugin() #4713
- Dev – Only load non-minified js files when SCRIPT_DEBUG is on, and env is development or plugin. #4747
As usual, if you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.
Thanks to all of our testers and contributors!