Edit 2020-09-29: Added one more item to the “Notable fixes and improvements” section that was missed in the original version of this post.
The WooCommerce 4.6 release contains updated versions of WooCommerce Admin (1.6.0) and WooCommerce Blocks (3.4.0), fixes, and localization improvements.
Notable fixes and improvements
The main fixes and stability improvements in this release are:
- The Home Screen introduced in 4.3 which has previously only been the default for new stores (existing stores had to opt-in), will now be the default for all stores (#5108).
- The old setup wizard was removed, and now all new installs will go through the new setup wizard provided by WooCommerce Admin (#26853 and #27047).
- Sorting country names now works as expected for languages that use graphic accents (#27416).
- Style improvements to the notices when using the Twenty Twenty theme (#27387).
- It is now possible to assign to a product a tax class that contains non-ASCII characters (#27615).
You can find the complete changelog for this release on the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added new filters and actions:
|woocommerce_return_to_shop_text||Filter to change the label of the “Return to shop” button in the empty cart page.|
|woocommerce_cart_item_required_stock_is_not_enough||Filter to change the behavior when checking stock for items in the cart.|
|woocommerce_should_send_no_stock_notification||Filter to let developers skip the no stock e-mail for certain products.|
|woocommerce_after_order_details||Action to add extra data after the order details section.|
This release does not introduce any changes to the database.
This version of WooCommerce will be released as per this schedule:
|Beta||September 19, 2020|
|Release Candidate||September 29, 2020|
|4.6 Final Release||October 13, 2020|
As with the previous few releases, we have published testing instructions for 4.6 as well. We’d like to request that everyone help us in testing this release.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.