This is a minor release focusing on bug fixes and performance improvements. Just like other minor releases, this release also aims to be backward compatible with previous WooCommerce releases.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.4: Blocks package have been updated to 4.4.3. Please take a look at the release post to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.0: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.0.1 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
- jQuery 3 deprecated items: This will be an ongoing effort to fully remove all deprecated jQuery 3 items from core. #28753
- Updating order tax: Previously after recalculating totals when tax setting has changed (such as name and/or rate), the tax name does not update in the order meta. This has been fixed. #28983
- Notices not going away: Previously when trying to close an admin notice such as the “Database has been updated” notice, this notice keeps reappearing. This has been fixed. #28500
Filters and actions
We have added two new filters in this release.
|woocommerce_exporter_product_types||Filter to allow third-parties to filter the exportable product types. #28950|
|woocommerce_cancel_unpaid_orders_interval_minutes||Filter to change the interval minutes for holding stock on cancel/unpaid orders. #28933|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
This version of WooCommerce is scheduled to be released as follows:
|Beta||February 16th, 2021|
|Release Candidate||February 23th, 2021|
|5.1 Final Release||March 9th, 2021|
If you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.