This release includes several small tweaks and bug fixes across our blocks to fix markup issues and improve accessibility.
One minor change theme authors may need to be aware of is that the star ratings markup within the All Products block no longer uses the classname
star-rating. This is to prevent conflicts with themes using this class to add star icons which conflict with the icons that blocks adds. This component can still be targeted with the classname
Additionally, behind the scenes there have been compatibility improvements in preparation for subscriptions support, and in preparation for widget areas coming soon to WordPress core, the All Products Block (and related filter blocks) have been disabled in widget areas until we have a better idea on how to support them properly.
- Fix – Ensure empty categories are correctly hidden in the product categories block. (3765)
- Fix – Added missing wrapper div within FeaturedCategory and FeatureProduct blocks. (3746)
- Fix – Set correct text color in BlockErrorBoundry notices. (3738)
- Hidden cart item meta data will not be rendered in the Cart and Checkout blocks. (3732)
- Fix – Improved accessibility of product image links in the products block by using correct aria tags and hiding empty image placeholders. (3722)
- Add missing aria-label for stars image in the review-list-item component. (3706)
- Prevent “X-WC-Store-API-Nonce is invalid” error when going back to a page with the products block using the browser back button. (3770)
- Hide the All Products Block from the new Gutenberg Widget Areas until full support is achieved. (3737)
star-ratingclass name has been removed from Product rating block (inside All Products block). That element is still selectable with the
.wc-block-components-product-ratingclass name. (3717)
- Design tweaks to the cart page which move the quantity picker below each cart item and improve usability on mobile. (3734)