A new version of WooCommerce Blocks has been released! Version 9.5.0 is now available for download from GitHub and WordPress.org.
Support for Style Book
Gutenberg 14.8 introduced Style Book, which allows merchants, web developers and site admins to preview individual blocks. With the WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0 release, the Featured Product and the Featured Category blocks are available here. This will enable the preview of any global style changes applied to these blocks.
Besides previewing blocks within the Style Book, we also migrated various blocks away from hardcoded CSS towards Global Styles. Since WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0, the Product Button, Product Rating, and Product Price blocks utilise Global Styles.
In addition to the Story Book and Global Styles improvements, we’re thrilled to introduce the following new blocks:
- Store Breadcrumbs block: Provides a clear and easy-to-follow navigation trail, allowing users to quickly understand their location within the store and facilitating navigation to previous sections.
- Product Results Count block: Displays the total number of products and how many are currently displayed, based on the global query.
- Catalog Sorting block: Allows users to sort products within a category by various criteria, such as price, popularity, and newness.
- Enhancement: Add border style previews in the editor for featured items. (8304)
- Enhancement: Add a reset button for the Filter by Attributes block. (8285)
- Enhancement: Graduate margin styling for Product Price block to WooCommerce core. (8269)
- Enhancement: Set inherit setting to true when is inserted in the archive product template. (8251)
- Enhancement: Prevent an edge case where adding the Product blocks above the Classic Template block would cause its ratings to change the markup. (8247)
- Enhancement: Improve free local pickup display during checkout. (8241)
- Enhancement: Transition Product Button from using CSS margin to Global Styles. (8239)
- Enhancement: Refresh the cart after using the back button to return to checkout. (8236)
- Enhancement: Add Store Breadcrumbs block, allowing merchants to keep track of their locations within the store and navigate back to parent pages. (8222)
- Enhancement: Move margin for Product Rating from CSS to Global Styles. (8202)
- Enhancement: Add a compatibility layer to keep extensions continue working with Blockified Archive Templates. (8172)
- Enhancement: Add Catalog Sorting block. (8122)
- Enhancement: Add Product Results Count block. (8078)
- Enhancement: Improve how checkout pushes data to the server when entering address data. (8030)
- Enhancement: Replace the collapsed section for the coupon code with a link. (7993)
- Fix: Adjust Featured Product and Featured Category blocks preview for Style Book. (8313)
- Fix: Hide filter blocks and Product Search block for Style Book. (8309)
- Fix: Resolve a bug that would display Billing Address for Shipping Address on checkout rest endpoint. (8291)
- Fix: Adjust color and direction of the arrow of the return to cart button on the checkout page. (8289)
- Fix: Adjust Store Notices text color in dark themes. (8278)
- Fix: Adjust Catalog Sorting colors in dark themes. (8270)
- Fix: Resolve an issue where the WooCommerce tab of the style book would crash, and certain blocks would not load correctly. (8243)
One reply on “WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0 Release Notes”
This update broke my client’s site, had to disable. Is there an update patch on the way?