This release includes a new look for the payment methods section of the Checkout block, a new look for items in the Cart block and some design tweaks to how data is displayed in the Cart and Checkout blocks’ sidebars. The “Place order” button is correctly aligned in the Checkout block now, too!
Old payment method design
New payment method design
We also made changes to the way errors are reported when something goes wrong during checkout relating to stock availability or coupon validity. These errors now explain the problem, which will help the customer to understand why their checkout failed, and what they can do to fix it.
This release also fixes:
- a bug where tax would not be calculated properly in the Cart and Checkout blocks
- a bug where special characters would not render correctly in the Cart sidebar, and
- a bug where a warning would be displayed if two different items in the Cart had the same name.
- Fix JS warning if two cart products share the same name. (3814)
- Align place order button to the right of the block. (3803)
- Ensure special characters are displayed properly in the Cart sidebar. (3721)
- Fix a bug where the total price of items did not include tax in the cart and checkout blocks. (3851)
- Login links on the checkout should use the account page. (3844)
- Prevent checkout linking to trashed terms and policy pages. (3843)
- Improved nonce logic by moving nonces to cart routes only. (3812)
- If coupons become invalid between applying to a cart and checking out, show the user a notice when the order is placed. (3810)
- Improve design of cart and checkout sidebars. (3797)
- Improve error displayed to customers when an item’s stock status changes during checkout. (3703)
- Dev – Block Checkout will now respect custom address locales and custom country states via core filter hooks. (3662)
- Update checkout block payment methods UI. (3439)