A new version of WooCommerce Blocks has been released! Version 5.3.0 is now available for download from GitHub and WordPress.org.
This release includes a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and some behind-the-scenes work to allow third party extensions to integrate with the Cart Block.
Getting ready for the future
Two changes have been made when it comes to adding WooCommerce blocks to the new block widget and the Customizer block widget editor:
Block transforms are now available for legacy widgets that have a block equivalent: Product Search, Product Categories and Recent Product Reviews.
Additionally, the Cart and Checkout blocks will no longer be available in these two areas.
We are happy to announce that the missing translations bug from the Cart and Checkout blocks has now been fixed. Along with other Cart and Checkout block bugs, we managed to fix bugs related to adding products to the cart, namely adding out of stock products from blocks with products, and updating the Mini Cart widget when purchasing from the All products block.
Working with Blocks
We added a new experimental integration point that will allow extensions to register a PHP callback that will be executed when the
cart/extensions endpoint is hit. Blocks will use this endpoint to update the cart from the server, giving extensions a chance to modify the cart, or do any other server-side processing.
An experimental slot has been added to the Discounts section in the Cart Block’s sidebar, where extensions can render their own components.
- Hide the Cart and Checkout blocks from the new block-based widget editor. (4303)
- Provide block transforms for legacy widgets with a feature-complete block equivalent. (4292)
- Fix some missing translations from the Cart and Checkout blocks. (4295)
- Fix the flickering of the Proceed to Checkout button on quantity update in the Cart Block. (4293)
- Fix a bug in which Cart Widget didn’t update when adding items from the All Products block. (4291)
- Fix a display issue when itemized taxes are enabled, but no products in the cart are taxable. (4284)
- Fix an issue where an attempt to add an out-of-stock product to the cart was made when clicking the “Read more” button. (4265)
- Add the ability for extensions to register callbacks to be executed by Blocks when the cart/extensions endpoint is hit. Extensions can now tell Blocks they need to do some server-side processing which will update the cart. (4298)
- Add Slot in the Discounts section of the cart sidebar to allow third party extensions to render their own components there. (4248)
3 replies on “WooCommerce Blocks 5.3.0 Release Notes”
[…] som krockade med betallösningar. Vi skrev mer om det tidigare i veckan. Relaterat: WooCommerce Blocks 5.3.0 har släppts, med förberedelser för WordPress […]
[…] Blocks 5.2.0, 5.3.0, and 5.3.1. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and some behind-the-scenes […]
[…] WooCommerce Blocks 5.3.0 was released June 8, 2021. In addition to numerous fixes and enhancements, this version includes some important behind-the-scenes work to help third-party extensions integrate with the Cart Block. You can see a breakdown of the changes in the release post linked above. […]