- Added a new options to enable a lookup table to improve filtering by product attributes.
- A new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page will be included by default in all installations.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.4.1, and 5.5.1. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and some improvements to allow products to be added by SKU in the Hand-Picked Products block.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.5.0. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Improved support to Twenty Twenty-One theme.
- Added support for “Shipping Phone”, in addition to Billing Phone in email templates and in the Order’s edit screen, note that WooCommerce Shipping & Tax extension already includes a “Shipping Phone” for the checkout form.
- Fixed a problem preventing blocks from rendering when included within the shop page.
Filters and actions
This release adds one hook:
|woocommerce_email_sent||Action hook fired when an email is sent from WooCommerce.|
And one update to a filter:
|woocommerce_logout_default_redirect_url||Filter the redirect URL page, used to only get applied to |
There are no database changes in this release, but a database upgrade will be necessary to install the new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page.
|templates/emails/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/emails/plain/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/order/order-details-customer.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|Beta||July 27, 2021|
|Release Candidate||August 3, 2021|
|5.6 Final Release||August 17, 2021|
If you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.