Wait! What happened to version 6.3.0 and 6.3.1? Don’t worry. You did not miss them. After releasing version 6.3.0, we noticed a few hiccups, which we addressed in two minor releases.
With WordPress 5.9 around the corner, we started converting classic WooCommerce templates, such as the
single-product.php template, into block templates. These new block-based Store Editing Templates will eventually enable merchants to fully customize their templates with blocks in themes optimized for Full Site Editing.
As an intermediary step towards this goal, this first iteration of the feature renders the existing WooCommerce templates while allowing customization by adding additional blocks around them.
Let’s take a look at the new Store Editing Templates:
In addition, we addressed various bugs and improved the accessibility of the WooCommerce Blocks plugin.
- Add placeholder text when modifying product search input in the editor. (5122)
- FSE: Add basic product archive block template. (5049)
- FSE: Add basic taxonomy block templates. (5063)
- FSE: Add single product block template. (5054)
- FSE: Remove the
do_action( 'woocommerce_sidebar' );action from the
- Fix duplicate queries in product grids. (5002)
- FSE: Add abstract block legacy template for core PHP templates. (4991)
- FSE: Add render logic to BlockTemplateController. (4984)
- Improve accessibility by using self-explaining edit button titles. (5113)
- Improve readability of terms and condition text by not displaying the text justified. (5120)
- Improve rendering performance for Single Product block. (5107)
- Improve the product images placeholder display by adding a light gray border to it. (4950)
- Deprecate the __experimental_woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_from_request action in favor of woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_from_request. (5015)
- Deprecate the __experimental_woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_meta action in favor of woocommerce_blocks_checkout_update_order_meta. (5017)
- Deprecate the __experimental_woocommerce_blocks_checkout_order_processed action in favor of woocommerce_blocks_checkout_order_processed. (5014)
- Fix ‘Country is required’ error on the Cart block when updating shipping address (5129)
- Fix label alignment of the product search in the editor. (5072)
- Fix sale badge alignment on smaller screen. (5061)
- Fix state validation to compare state codes, and only validate if a country is given (5132)
- FSE: Fix missing
is_customproperty for WooCommerce block template objects. (5067)
- Make order note block removable (5139)
- Replace incorrect with correct text domain. (5020)
- Scripts using
wc-settingsor script that depend on it would be enqueued in the footer if they’re enqueued in the header. (5059)