A new version of WooCommerce Blocks has been released! Version 6.6.0 is now available for download from GitHub and WordPress.org.
This release rolls out some fixes for the Block based full-site editing templates, fixes some performance issues, improves data sync between cart and draft orders, and improves error handling with the new checkout experience.
- We’ve been increasing the adoption of TypeScript across the codebase, and in this release, we’ve updated
usePaymentMethodInterfaceto include correct typescript definitions, so if you were importing our typedefs, you’ll need to modify where you pull them from.
- The Store API will now sync cart data (on change via a Store API route) to any existing draft order. Additonally, there is now an extra
woocommerce_blocks_cart_update_customer_from_requesthook should you need to update custom customer data from the
- “Added By” template column value is user friendly for modified WooCommerce block templates. (5420)
- Fixed a performance issue with the cart by preventing an extra network request on mount. (5394)
- Use the themes product archive block template for product category & product tag pages if the theme does not have more specific templates for those. (5380)
- Cart block: Switch to correct view if inner block is selected. (5358)
- Respect implicit quantity updates coming from server or directly from data stores. (5352)
- Fixed a case where payments could fail after validation errors when using saved cards. (5350)
- Add error handling for network errors during checkout. (5341)
- Fix cart and checkout margin problem by removing the full-width option. (5315)
- Sync draft orders whenever cart data changes. (5379)
- Removed legacy handling for shipping_phone in Store API. (5326)
- Site Editor template list: Fix wrong icon displayed on WooCommerce templates after they have been edited. (5375)
- Fix validation error handling after using browser autofill. (5373)
- Update loading skeleton animations. (5362)
- Add error handling to