A new version of WooCommerce Blocks has been released! Version 8.4.0 is now available for download from GitHub and WordPress.org.
This release contains many enhancements and a bug fix:
WooCommerce Filter UI Updates
As part of our objective to provide a seamless out-of-the-box experience with product filters, we have updated the existing filter block UI for a cleaner look and feel and have added a new “Reset” feature for each filter.
Product Search is now a variation of the WordPress core Search block
Given the power that Gutenberg block variations offer, we have refactored the Product Search block to be a variation of the WordPress core Search block. That means you have many more customization options now: hiding the label/button, modifying their text, changing the styles, etc.
In order to have the new Product Search available, you will need to have Gutenberg installed. This will also work with the next version of WordPress (6.1).
You can easily update existing instances of the Product Search block to this new block variation from the editor.
Cart & Checkout Blocks: Make the current page into the default cart/checkout pages notice
We’ve created a notice that, without leaving the current page, changes it to the default cart or checkout page.
For older versions of WooCommerce (pre 6.9.0), the notice would show the old text:
- Update the filter
Applybuttons to match the new designs. (6958)
- Update the design of the Filter Products by Attribute block. (6920)
- Update the design of the Filter by Attribute block settings panel. (6912)
- Layout updates to the Active Filters block. (6905)
- Update the design of the Filter Products by Stock block. (6883)
- Update the design of the Filter Products by Price block. (6877)
- Allow making the Cart/Checkout block page the default one from within the editor. (6867)
- Register product search as a core/search variation when available. (6191)
- Fixed a bug with a class name deriving from a translatable string. (6914)
2 replies on “WooCommerce Blocks 8.4.0 Release Notes”
Is it still not support Create an account in the checkout? I tried a lot but still no success
Hello! Thank you for using the Checkout Block in your store! It’s possible to create an account in the Checkout Block:
1- In the WordPress admin page, go to “WooCommerce -> Settings -> Accounts & Privacy” and enable the “Allow customers to create an account during checkout” option, then save changes.
2- Then go to the “Checkout Block” page on the admin side, select the “Contact Information” Block, and enable the “Allow shoppers to sign up for a user account during checkout” option under “Block settings -> Account options” (see image below):
3- You can now see the new option: “Create an account?”, on the “Checkout page”