This post summarises the dev chat meeting from May 23rd (agenda, Slack archive).
Progress with importer/exporter
- Wrapping up development this week!
- We have a branch for testing: https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/tree/feature/product-csv-import-export
- Merge is supported, based on ID and/or SKU
- Attributes are supported
- There is a mapping screen
- Mappings are not stored/remembered
Order search helpers are ready for feedback
- Search helpers are ready and a WIKI explains usage: https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/wiki/wc_get_orders-and-WC_Order_Query
- In short,
wc_get_ordersdoes what it always has, but also has a bunch of new params you can query by
- Feedback; update status to use non-prefixed statuses like other core methods.
- Date range queries are INCLUSIVE.
- customer accepts an email or an ID for backwards compatibility
- Helpers do not support advanced custom meta queries.
Should we remove ID based searches e.g. in customer search boxes?
- General consensus on removing in a future version
- Do not seem to be commonly used, even on small stores
- Hard to remember IDs
- IDs are not exposed in the WordPress UI – only in URLs
How to deal with Cash on Delivery paid status
- Separate order/shipping/paid status are a long way off being available.
- Most against using on-hold status instead of processing.
- We should add custom handling to ensure paid date is not set until the order is completed.
4 replies on “Dev Chat Summary: May 23rd”
W.r.t. Import/export: Will the possibility to import from a local CSV be still available? We generate the CSV from an database table and place it in the webroot, using with a loosely coupled plugin. The CSV is then imported using the current CSV import/merge function of “WooCommerce Product CSV Import Suite”.
Please say yes, otherwise we face a major problem here how to get our 8500+ products imported/merged into the woo tables. TNX! Egbert Jan, NL
If I understand your process correctly, this should still be supported. You can use CSV files located on your server or upload CSV files.
Thanks Claudiu. That is a relieve. Will the layout change a lot? Not much has changed since I use WooProd.CSV import suite. I use the suite since “year zero” and could not do without it.
You can give it a whirl and see! We made the 3.1 beta available yesterday. You can grab it here then try out the importer on a staging site: https://woocommerce.wordpress.com/2017/05/31/woocommerce-3-1-beta-has-landed/