This post summarizes the dev chat meeting from August 1st (agenda, Slack archive).
- 3.2 is scheduled for an October 4th release.
- The first beta of 3.2 is scheduled for August 30th.
- Features in 3.2 will include Discounts, SelectWoo, extension version checking, and product search helpers.
- The documentation for the search helpers needs to be updated with custom parameter usage.
- There is going to be a new roadmap that makes it easier for developers and store owners to see what is planned for WooCommerce releases. Stay tuned for more details.
- We are working on a series of classes that will make cart calculations and discounts simpler.
- There is going to be an area in the edit order screen to easily add coupons or discounts to orders.
- There are some places around the codebase where WP_Query is still used to query products.
- These should be using wc_get_products or WC_Products_Query.
- The product search helpers are now in master, so these can be converted over.
- Here is the documentation for the WooCommerce product search helpers.