We are happy to announce the availability of a new build of the
wc-admin feature plugin! If this is the first time you have heard about
And while the plugin isn’t quite ready yet to be run on production sites, we would love for you to install it on a staging or test instance and try it out. You can download version 0.6.0 right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or join in the developer chat tomorrow and ask any questions you have about wc-admin then!
REST API Updates
- Order statuses are now persisted in the order stats lookup table. This prevents needing to join on other tables to filter orders by status.
- Customer status ( new vs returning customer flag ) is now being returned in the response of the order stats endpoint.
- Endpoints have been updated to use
/v4throughout the REST API code and client-side logic.
- The Store Performance indicators endpoint was updated to allow returning a link and name so the UI in the dashboard is now fully powered by the REST API – more on that below!
- The stock report endpoint can now be sorted by
- Summary numbers have been added to the customers endpoint.
- Major progress has been made on the segmentation feature for the stats endpoints.
- Population of the stat lookup tables is now performed using Action Scheduler.
- Removed dependency of
react-world-flagswhich removed 3.4mb from the size of the js build.
- Throughout all reports and dashboard components, WooCommerce settings are now used to display currency/prices. Decimal, currency position, number of decimals, and thousands separator are all supported.
- Updated the Country autocompleter to allow for partial (fuzzy) matches of country names.
- Updated the Stock report to sort by
- Added an advanced filter to the Product Report to allow viewing product figures for a single category.
- Date ranges are now persisted when clicking on a specific product while viewing the Orders report.
As promised some major improvements to the Store Performance section have landed in this release.
The entire UI seen above is fully rendered using data returned from the REST API. From the labels in each Summary Number, the values between of two periods, and the link target for each statistic are all generated server side. For developers this means the feature is fully extensible right away and will allow for deep linking into Woo Analytics reports, or your own custom pages elsewhere.
Each store is unique and the Store Performance section allows users to configure which stats they would like to appear in this section. Preferences are persisted in user meta, so will stick between sessions and across their devices.
New Top Coupons Leaderboard
Rounding out the updates to the Dashboard in this release – a new leaderboard that displays the Top Coupons has been added.
Much like the Store Performance section, users can toggle the leaderboards on/off, and configure how many rows of data they would like to see in each table.
The release also includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements throughout the code base:
- Fixed a bug which was causing a conflict with the Gutenberg Product Blocks plugin.
- Cleaned up duplicate dom elements that were being used to render a background on focus in the chart.
- Fixed a bug with missing thousands separator in the Y-axis of the charts component.
- Restricted the width of filters in wide viewports.
- Removed legacy data layer code.
- Bug that was preventing the chart from utilizing the full plotting area was fixed.
- Enhancement to the chart component to center align the data point when only one item is plotted.
- Summary Number selector now properly collapses after selecting a new number on narrow viewports/mobile.
- Fixed a bug where unit tests were failing when launched at the end of an hour.
- A bug which was causing the SummaryNumber example in the devdocs section to fail was fixed.
What’s Coming Next?
The next two weeks we will be working on more updates to the stats lookup table logic, exploring additional options for extensibility, creating a new transient notifications component, and bug fixes and performance enhancements.
If you would like to see more details about what we are working on, please visit our project board on GitHub.
2 replies on “wc-admin v0.6.0 release notes”
Good job, now is more stable. Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for the speed of the news. I will try on my website how the update is implemented. If problems arise, I will write you with screenshots.
LikeLiked by 1 person