You can download version v0.15.0 in the plugin repository or via GitHub right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to us in the #core channel on WooCommerce slack.
Extended Customer Data
First enhancement to highlight in this release is a contribution from the community – props and thanks to @KZeni for the pull request! You can now view the region/state for each customer on the Customers Report page.
Navigation Bar Updates
The navigation bar got an visual update in this release. From user feedback we learned that the navigation bar was causing some issues on the Product Edit page when editing long descriptions. Other users just commented that it was too tall and impacting the experience on smaller viewports. So the size of the navigation bar has been decreased to allow for more space for all Woo views.
The Stock Activity Panel also got a bit of an update. As you use the panel to update products that are low in inventory or out of stock – the updated products are now removed from your to-do list in the panel!
The balance of the release was focused on fixing bugs and optimizing WooCommerce Admin.
- Fix: Compare checkboxes in report tables #2571
- Dev: Introduce a new Products by Tag(s) block #554
- Dev: Tracks: Fix Link onclick #2594 (Components, Packages)
- Fix: Use correct links in DevDocs. #2602 (Documentation)
- Fix: Prevent error when no actionable order statuses are set #2577
- Fix: exclude old WC auto-draft orders from import #2612 (Analytics)
- Dev: Fix: propType validation warnings on embedded pages #2607
- Fix: Only calculate one order row when the order has multiple coupons. #2484 (Analytics)
- Fix: Cast is_snoozable as int prior to database save #2573
- Performance: check for scheduled snooze action once per hour instead of every admin request. #2593
- Fix: Update layout of Settings Page and notify users when settings are not saved. #2544
- Dev: Update color-studio to 1.0.5 #2575 (Build, Packages)
- Task: Add tracks event to Store Alert and Inbox Notification action clicks #2559
- Fix: Change size of Header to 56px – fixes bug in product edit page toolbar being hidden.
- Dev: Add countLabel prop to SearchListItem #2569 (Components, Packages)
- Task: Send tracks event for snoozing store alerts. #2560
- Fix: Stock notifs: fix low_stock_amount for variations #2546
- Enhancement: Add Report CSV Export Endpoint #2526 (Analytics, REST API)
- Tweak: remove placeholder link. #2561
- Fix: WordPress Notifications Activity Panel falsely saying there are notices to be seen. #2552
- Dev: Route handling: Remove hash in favor of path parameter #2444 (Components, Packages)
- Dev: Customizable dashboard: handle turned off feature flag #2548
- Dev: Dashboard: Add Tracks events #2550 (Dashboard)
- Task: Tracks: Add chart and table events #2557
- Fix: Fixes issue with alerts on mobile #2537
- Bug: Fix batch queue range bug. #2521
- Dev: Advanced Filters: Add Tracks events #2525 (Components, Packages)
- Tweak: Open external note action links in a new tab #2462 (Activity Panel, Inbox)
- Tweak: fix some report endpoint default params. #2496 (REST API)
- Enhancement: Remove updated stock products from Activity Panel #2442 (Activity Panel)
- Fix: Track name for activity panel open event #2532
- Enhancement: Add Reports CSV Exporter Class #2502 (Analytics)
- Fix: margins on non-update notices. #2487 👏 @benignant
- Enhancement: add state/region to Customers Report. #2463 (Analytics) 👏 @KZeni
Thank You, and What’s Next?
First a big THANK YOU to everyone that has downloaded a release to test, and also to those of you who have reported bugs. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so please keep testing and let us know if we can help!
For the next two weeks the team is looking at making improvements to the Inbox panel, and working on further bug fixes and optimizations. We are also evaluating increasing the required minimum WordPress version from 5.0 to a more recent release.
This would allow us to build upon the latest and greatest components and patterns being by the WordPress Core editor team. If you would like to see more details about what we are working on, please visit our project board on GitHub.
The next release of WooCommerce Admin is slated for Wednesday, July 24.
One reply on “WooCommerce Admin v0.15.0”
When will this actually work with Multicurrency? It may come as a surprise but a $100 sales doesn’t equal a £100.00 sale and as such the reports within the new admin section are completely and utterly wrong and massively misleading… To the point, that they’re pointless!