This is a minor release focusing on bug fixes and performance improvements. Just like other minor releases, this release also aims to be backward compatible with previous WooCommerce releases.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.7: Blocks package have been updated to 4.7. Please take a look at the release posts for 4.7, 4.6, 4.5.2 and 4.5.1 to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.1.3: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.1.3 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements, see the changelog for details on what’s new in this version (and also on previous versions up to 2.0.2)
- Country code verification on checkout: Now it won’t be possible to perform a successful checkout when submitting an invalid country code. #28849
- Low stock threshold for variations: The stock amount that triggers a low stock warning email can now be properly configured for individual variations on variable products. #29345
- Dropdowns fix: With the updated version of jQuery on the newest WordPress some dropdowns (e.g. product attributes filter) became unusable, it’s fixed now. #29397
- Product categories widget item count fix: The items count in the product categories widget item count not always showing the correct number, it’s fixed now. Also, a new hook has been added to disable the recounting of items. #29281
- New shop setup widget: A new “WooCommerce Setup” widget is added to promote users to finish the onboarding tasks, it shows only when there are unfinished tasks. #29174
- Updated net sales link: The “net sales” link in the dashboard now points to the new analytics screen when WooCommerce Admin is enabled. #29149
- Improved handling of downloadable file paths: Strip
///sequences in downloadable file paths to prevent access to absolute paths. #28699
- REST API: Add support for “order” and “class” types for shipping method zones: The shipping method zone endpoint wasn’t accepting settings of these types, it’s fixed now. #29218
- REST API: Fix wrong taxonomy caching in term and product attributes controllers: The taxonomy from the first request was being reused in further requests when those were performed programmatically. #29115
- REST API: Make the refunds creation endpoint accept input as documented: The input for the endpoint accepts now the input as described in the documentation (no breaking changes introduced). #29099
Filters and actions
We have added two new filters in this release.
|woocommerce_product_recount_terms||Filter to allow/prevent recounting of terms as it could be expensive, e.g. when bulk importing products. #29281|
|woocommerce_ajax_order_items_removed||Action that fires after order items are removed. #29241|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
This version of WooCommerce is scheduled to be released as follows:
|Beta||March 23th, 2021|
|Release Candidate||March 30th, 2021|
|5.2 Final Release||April 13th, 2021|
If you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.