WooCommerce 5.7 has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 268 commits from 24 contributors in WooCommerce core
- 86 commits from 17 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 87 commits from 18 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.7?
- Product variations manual menu ordering is now working correctly.
- The Marketplace section has been redesigned with better styling and usability.
- Added local currency formatting support.
- Reverted legacy Select2 library back to version 4.0.3 (Previously overwritten by SelectWoo 1.0.9).
- Product attribute permalinks now works correctly with non-ascii characters.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.6.0, and 5.7.0. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and improvements.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.6.0. This update contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes and improvements.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.7. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
Actions & Filters
This release adds one hook:
|woocommerce_product_options_external||Action hook fired when in general tab of a product in admin when displaying external product.|
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no template changes in this release.
Much 💜 to all the contributors
Finally a big thanks to everyone in the community who has contributed via issue reports, fixes, translation, testing, supporting other users, or simply spreading the word.
8 replies on “WooCommerce 5.7 Released”
this new update broke my woocommerce shop and deleted the woocommerce from my dashboard…
none of my products are showing up, everything just disappeared:
also i am using elementor hello theme if that helps…
Hi there! Sorry to hear about this. There is currently a fix in the works which should be available in the next day or so.
Will there be an update to the update soon? 5.7 also broke my site – I had to revert back a couple of versions and still don’t have my dashboard widget back.
Sorry to hear about this. It looks as though the team who maintains WooCommerce core is working on a fix that should be out in the next day or so.
After updating to 5.7.0, WooCommerce Subscriptions crashes my site. Is this a known issue? I’ve tried reverting to earlier versions to no avail.
Hi folks, we’ve just released 5.7.1 which should resolve many of the issues you are seeing. Please update and let us know.
Up and running again! Thank you!