WooCommerce 5.7 has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 268 commits from 24 contributors in WooCommerce core
- 86 commits from 17 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 87 commits from 18 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.7?
- Product variations manual menu ordering is now working correctly.
- The Marketplace section has been redesigned with better styling and usability.
- Added local currency formatting support.
- Reverted legacy Select2 library back to version 4.0.3 (Previously overwritten by SelectWoo 1.0.9).
- Product attribute permalinks now works correctly with non-ascii characters.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.6.0, and 5.7.0. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and improvements.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.6.0. This update contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes and improvements.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.7. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
Actions & Filters
This release adds one hook:
|woocommerce_product_options_external||Action hook fired when in general tab of a product in admin when displaying external product.|
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no template changes in this release.
Much 💜 to all the contributors
Finally a big thanks to everyone in the community who has contributed via issue reports, fixes, translation, testing, supporting other users, or simply spreading the word.