We’re excited to announce that the first release candidate of WooCommerce 5.9 is now available. We are on track for our planned November 9th release date.
Since the beta release, the following changes have been made:
- WooCommerce Admin is now 2.8.0 RC 3. See the changelog to know what’s new in 2.8.0, or this commit for the changes from RC 2 to RC 3.
- We fixed a small issue in the fix for the tax location adjustment when adding line items to an order via admin that was included in the beta. #31015
- We have renamed a transient used when showing featured content in the marketplace page, since the old name was already in use. #31002
- New visual style for promoted cards in the marketplace page. #30861
- #30862 (update Storefront banner width and track links in the marketplace page) was supposed to be included in the beta, and was even listed in the changelog, but by mistake it wasn’t; it’s included in the RC.
If you’d like to dive in and help test this new release, our handy WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin allows you to switch between beta versions and release candidates. You can also download the release from wordpress.org.
A set of testing instructions has been published on our Wiki page in GitHub. We’ve also posted a helpful writeup on beta testing to help get you started.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.