Welcome to another round of Snaps from the WooCommerce Store Editing team! 🎇
Every couple of weeks, we give an update on all the work being done on WooCommerce Blocks from behind the scenes.
Let’s take a look at some highlights of what we’ve done since our last update.
Note that the linked
#numbers that accompany each item below point to the relevant issues and pull requests on the GitHub repository.
What We’re Working On 🚧
With the Patterns and Templates projects wrapping up, the majority of our focus this past couple of weeks was spent on remaining items for the Products Block project as well as miscellaneous bug fixes, enhancements, and reducing some technical debt.
Products Block (#6793)
The Products block (a rename from “Product Query” block) is a larger project that includes Product Archive Type Blocks, “Blockifying” the Product Archive templates (as a separate but related focus — see below), and Filter Block Compatibility.
Product Query: create variation of
core/post-template as a Product Query inner block (#7838)
For the sake of clarity, we have branded the “Post Template” as “Product Template”, keeping the same icon and color as the core item.
Product Query: Add product visibility query support (#7951)
Here, we have added product visibility support to the Products block to ensure the following:
- By default, products that are excluded from the catalog will be hidden.
- When on the search page, products that are excluded from the search will be hidden.
- Stock status query is also updated to utilize the product visibility query.
While we’re continuing to work towards “blockifying” all of the Product Templates, our current focus is on the Product Archive templates.
archive-product when saving a fallback template (#7975)
We’ve fixed a bug where the
archive-product row in the DB was being overridden when saving a template in the editor, thus losing it as a fallback for the other templates that were also relying on that data as a fallback.
WooCommerce Blocks Releases ✨
- 9.2.0 – The changes noted in this post are included in the 9.2.0 release of the WooCommerce Blocks feature plugin from December 20th. You can find the full details in the release notes.
Other Notable PRs / Issues ✅
- Dependabot: Enable auto-merge on pull requests. (#8040)
Automated Tests & Linting
- E2E: Product Query: Popular filters presets (#7749) – In Progress
- Update E2E tests for Gutenberg 14.8.x (#8050)
- Include the types of Jest customer matchers for unit tests (#8028)
Misc. Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Cart Block > Ensure no console errors are displayed when an invalid coupon is applied (#7969)
- Ensure filter blocks are not reloaded every time they are selected in the editor (#8002)
- Create merge comments action (#7973)
- Display “Add review” link if there’s no product rating (#7929)
Thanks for following along with us! We’re looking forward to sharing more of our work with you in 2023! 🎉