We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 7.5.0. This release should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 278 commits from 55 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 170 commits from 28 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 7.5.0?
Support for Style Book
Gutenberg 14.8 introduced Style Book, which allows merchants, web developers, and site admins to preview individual blocks. With the WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0 release, the Featured Product and the Featured Category blocks are available here. This will enable the preview of any global style changes applied to these blocks.
Besides previewing blocks within the Style Book, we also migrated various blocks away from hardcoded CSS towards Global Styles. Since WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0, the Product Button, Product Rating, and Product Price blocks utilise Global Styles.
The Product Rating block has gained support for padding global styles, making it easy to add spacing around it.
In addition to the Story Book and Global Styles improvements, we’re thrilled to introduce the following new blocks:
- Store Breadcrumbs block: Provides a clear and easy-to-follow navigation trail, allowing users to quickly understand their location within the store and facilitating navigation to previous sections.
- Product Results Count block: Displays the total number of products and how many are currently displayed, based on the global query.
- Catalog Sorting block: Allows users to sort products within a category by various criteria, such as price, popularity, and newness.
Multichannel Marketing (Beta)
We add a new Channels card that displays a list of recommended channels and registered channels. Extensions will be able to register themselves as a marketing channel by integrating with the Multichannel Marketing library, and display basic stats about the channel.
Actions and Filters Changes
There are no action or filter changes this release.
There are no template changes this release.
This release contains two DB updates:
- We add two columns to the
date_completed. Additionally, both of these columns are then backfilled by data from the
- The experiment for the new product management feature is now turned off. Note that this will do a single
update_optioncall, but only for very few stores that have it enabled. #36894
Much 💜 to all the contributors
Finally a big thanks to everyone in the community who has contributed via issue reports, fixes, translation, testing, supporting other users, or simply spreading the word.