Version 1.2.0 of WooCommerce Blocks is now available as a feature plugin. It’s the easiest, most flexible way to display your products on posts and pages! Using the original “Products Block”, your displayed products can be filtered by category, sale status, or a variety of other fields. You can even make a custom list of handpicked products to display.
New for 1.2.0: We’ve added a stand-alone Product Category block to simplify the experience and improve the category search and selection UI. Be on the lookout for additional stand-alone blocks in future releases.
The full changelog is below:
- Feature – Stand-alone product category block with improved category selection interface.
- Fix – All users who can edit posts can now use these blocks thanks to a new set of API endpoints allowing view access to products, product categories, and product attributes.
- Fix – Compatibility with WP 5.0, fixed error “Cannot read property Toolbar of undefined”.
- Fix – Only published products are shown in previews.
- Enhancement – Translations should now load into the block (for WP 5.0+).
- Enhancement – Modernized build process and developer tools, and added tests for faster future development.
To get started with WooCommerce Blocks, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Gutenberg, or running WordPress 5.0.x. Then download the latest version of the plugin here or venture over to Dashboard → Updates, to update the plugin from from WordPress.
If you spot any bugs or issues please log them in detail on Github.
2 replies on “WooCommerce Blocks 1.2.0 release notes”
I guess I can find out by doing, but can you explain what a ‘a stand-alone Product Category block’ is? When and how and to what purpose would one use it?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sure thing! The Product Category block displays a grid of products from from your selected categories on a post or page. Once you’ve selected a category or categories to display, you can order the products in a few different ways: best selling, top rated, price, etc.
You can find and select the block by searching for “Products by Category” or “WooCommerce” in the Gutenberg block inserter while editing a post or page. The block is good for displaying grid of products from your category of choice on the home page of your shop, or perhaps while promoting a category of products through a blog post.