Howdy, Woo Developer Community! 👋 Here are some updates of recent happenings that you may have missed over the past month. Some items are detailed in previous posts on this blog, and other items are pulled from sources like GitHub. We’ve packaged everything into a digest to help keep everyone in the loop.
- The team who maintains WooCommerce Admin shared some guidance and best practices for integrating third-party extensions with the new WooCommerce Navigation, as well as instructions for adding custom store management links for your extension.
- For folks who rely on the
@woocommerce/e2e-environmentpackage, you may want to check out a recent developer advisory about an incompatibility with WordPress 5.7.
- The team who maintains WooCommerce Blocks shared some guidance around integrating your payment method with the new Cart and Checkout blocks.
- There’s a new page on the WooCommerce Developer portal that contains a list of all WooCommerce Core releases.
- WooCommerce 5.1 was released on March 9, 2021. In addition to new versions of WooCommerce Admin and WooCommerce Blocks packages, this release also includes new filters for managing inventory holds for unpaid orders and modifying exportable product types. You can view a full list of changes and associated Pull Requests in the
- The WooCommerce Core team has begun exploring how to implement improved filtering for variations via custom database tables.
- The WooCommerce 5.2 Release Candidate is now available. This release contains updated versions of WooCommerce Admin (
2.1.4) and WooCommerce Blocks (
4.7) as well as numerous enhancements and fixes, many of which were are highlighted in the post announcing the WooCommerce 5.2 Beta release. The final release of WooCommerce 5.2 is currently slated for April 13, 2021.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.1 was released on March 4, 2021. It includes numerous bug fixes and stability improvements. There were four subsequent minor releases of WooCommerce Admin that shipped this month as well. You can find a list of improvements for all of these releases in the
changelog.txtfile for WooCommerce 2.1.4.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.2 was released on March 30, 2021. It includes numerous improvements, such as scripts for generating a list of all available hooks and filters, as well as the adoption of the WooCommerce Dependency Extraction Webpack Plugin. This release also presents a note to merchants encouraging them to enable the new WooCommerce navigation, so be sure to take a look at the recent guidance and best practices for integrating third-party extensions with the new navigation.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.6 was released on March 2, 2021. It includes bug fixes and addresses some prior technical debt, but it also includes some changes to better support extensibility, such as a refactoring of block type registration to help with third-party integration.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.7 was released on March 17, 2021. It contains several fixes and enhancements, such as providing billing data to payment method extensions and additional configuration options for handling saved payment method tokens.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.8 is slated for release this week.
We want to hear from you
If you’re reading this, drop us a line in the comments below to let us know how you’re liking this community news format. We want to make sure we’re sharing information and engaging with the community in an impactful and efficient way. And as always, feel free to ask us questions in the comments below or in the
#developers channel of the WooCommerce Community Slack.